- So, on tumblr someone (radon_
?) made this awesome gif set of Stana Katic looking beautiful in black and white. I did a tiny bit of research and lo, it turns out that it's from this little movie she made called For Lovers Only. I look up the trailer on youtube, and oh my god. OH MY GOD. It looks magnificent.
No, seriously, watch this trailer. I'll wait.
Legit. All I want to do for the rest of my life
is watch this trailer, because the music is gorgeous and the filming is gorgeous and Stana looks radiant and the couple being shown looks adorable and they're in France and it's beautiful and OH MY GOD I NEED THIS MOVIE IN MY LIFE.
Turned out that the trailer is legitimately better than the film. The movie is... not great. It's beautiful to watch! The music is great! Stana Katic is actually radiant! But the dialogue is pretty bad, the story makes me want to eat a knife (cheaters! WHY ARE AFFAIRS SEEN AS ROMANTIC, THEY ARE TERRIBLE.)
So, anyway, that was a big disappointment in my life.
(Subpoint: STANA KATIC, YOU ARE ADORABLE AND I LOVE YOUR FACE.)
- Dr Quinn and I are on a break while I watch Castle. Apparently I OD'd on her judginess. This isn't a lemon curd situation, though, so I will return to it!
- Went into Paris yesterday with the sole intention of getting pancakes at this American-style diner place, but the wait would've been forever and we were right by this little coffee shop/bakery we like, so Katie and I went there instead. We then walked across the river and Katie got a really expensive coat and then she came back here with me and spent the night and I'm always so delighted when people are equally dorky as me. I don't mean dorky in a 'I love BSG way' (which, :( that would be awesome) but like, we sat around last night listening to Christmas music, and Katie riverdanced in the middle of my room because SHE ACTUALLY CAN DO THAT and it was a lot of lame fun.
- I write stories about couples that are never going to exist outside fic because they're not canon and it makes me sad sometimes but usually is makes me happy. (The latest trend in my fic-life is writing Sam and a Six. That is just... the way of it. I was about to say 'IDEK' but I absolutely K- it's Sam
and a Six
. Win-win!) Also, kag523
is sweet enough to let me take her characters and run off with them, so there's that.
- FIFTEEN DAYS TIL I GO HOME. ELEVEN DAYS TIL MELISSA GETS HERE. These are exciting things! I'm also delighted with how comfortable I am here now.
- I know I say this almost every post I make on my LJ but seriously, I have such nice friends here. Sometimes my roommates can be whatever (and sometimes they can be awesome, like when Vasti made sure I had a good Thanksgiving dinner) but the friends I've made here are awesome. And one of them works in an American-style bakery that serves chocolate cake. CHOCOLATE CAKE, GUYS. Legit, real cake. It's glorious.
- I had a dream two nights ago that this popular British store called New Look had a store in my mall at home, and I went there... with EJO and Mary McDonnell. Like, of course. So I'm walking around the store with them looking for the shoes I want, and the Ed and McD start talking to one of the salesgirls. Eventually they mention (?) that they're famous, and the girl doesn't believe them, so both EJO and Mary start saying, 'Madi, get on the internet on your phone and show her. You can work the internet." It was entirely bizarre. Last night the end part of my dream involved me watching an old fashion show and Tricia showed up, both in person to talk to me and on the catwalk in the fashion show (that was possibly recorded? dream what even) and then Physically Present!Tricia was talking to me about the gold dress Catwalk!Tricia was wearing, and how it was her favorite and she kept it and actually it had a quote on it about how God has a plan and I was thinking, of course she'd like that one, because, you know, Tricia is Red, natch.
- My paid LJ account got extended a few weeks after all the DDoS attacks, but unfortunately my icons did not (D:) and I saw no reason to pay for one and not the other (D:) so now I'm only able to use a random selection and it is KILLING ME. I really shouldn't buy another year of paid LJ because it's really not financially sound, but this icon thing is slaying me. DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND?!